It's Sunday morning. My family members are all sits around the table. There is dad looking at me eagerly. And there is mom looking at me helplessly. And there's me who are looking down at the bawl of noodle in front of me and swiping chopstick's in a weird way. What's happen to our family?
My father is very firm on table manners. Although he is very mild, kind and very funny to me, he cannot admit my rudeness in front of the table. I accept all of my father's words about the table manners. But I couldn't understand one thing. That one thing made every meal in my family noisy. Father is keep telling me to hold the chopsticks properly. I'm grumble because I can't grab in the way my father want me to. Mom telling my dad to give it up because it seems impossible for me to hold chopstick properly. These image felt like never ends. But it ended at last. And 9 years later I can't still forget that day.
My family has a tradition to eat noodles on every Sunday morning. Just like normal holiday's morning my dad prepare noodle and my mom was reading books. But after the meal was prepared, the war of the chopsticks started. But something was different. I didn't give up easily that day. I don't know what happened to me that day but I felt like I couldn't give up like this. I want to show dad that I could use chopsticks in the proper way. It's very embarrassed to write but I cried. I cried because I couldn't hold chopsticks properly even though I practice and practice. My father was keep encouraging me. I couldn't give up with all the cheers he is giving me. So I practice on and on. My arms began to soar. It felt like it's impossible. And then !! Guess what?? It really happened! I could use chopsticks in the proper way.
From that day I discovered there's nothing I can't do if I practice and practice. I learned patience on that day. You could laugh at me asking how could 6 years old girl can learned the patience. But, I really was. You could believe me. Chopsticks give me not even patience but also prize. In my elementary school there is the prize named 'proper chopsticks prize'. And I got the prize of it. Even though I cried because of chopsticks and fight with my dad because of the chopsticks, it taught me the one of the most important thing in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment